Ashtanga yoga one week´s introduction course
Start a strong and individual yoga practice, suitable for everyone.
At our intro week you will get a thorough introduction to all the basics in the method of Ashtanga; how to breathe, focus, and move.
You start with a workshop, closely followed by five days of intensive Ashtanga yoga practice with the unique one-to-one teaching, called Mysore teaching. The intro week will give you a solid foundation for your future yoga practice - at our studio as well as independently.
Astanga yoga is the original vinyasa flow yoga. The training is both challenging and rewarding and contains the elements you meet in other vinyasa and flow yoga classes because they are based on Astanga yoga.
- You get a personal yoga program you can practice anytime and anywhere.
- You work one-on-one with a qualified and experienced teacher, who know you and your practice.
- You learn to perform the poses correctly and most beneficial in relation to your body and conditions.
- You learn new and exciting poses and transitions that will develop your yoga practice.
- You learn to work with poses that are difficult for you.
- You learn a yoga method that also works when you are off the mat as well.
- You learn to appreciate practicing in silence and by yourself.
- You learn gradually step by step, at a pace that is suitable for you.
- You learn a sustainable yoga practice you can enjoy throughout life.
- You expirence that the practice of Astanga yoga, can optimize your life in a good way.
Saturday, March 9, 2024
The week starts with a thorough introduction to the Astanga yoga method and the three pillars on which the method rests; breathing, mindfulness and yoga poses. You gain an understanding of what the purpose of yoga is and how you can benefit from it in your life. You learn to breathe deeply, calmly and present, and to use the breath to move in and out of the yoga poses. You learn to coordinate movements with breathing and how to work with the combination of stability and relaxation in yoga poses.
At teh workshop the focus is on the primary poses of the Astanga yoga practice; the sun salutation and the fundamental poses. You learn to use the methoed and techniques to move in the sun salutation with a deep, calm and present breath. You gain an understanding of stability and focus in your yoga practice and strategy for how you work purposefully and with regard to your possibilities and limitations.
Mysore style is the traditional one-to-one way of learning Astanga yoga. Students learn the positions one at a time, and training and teaching can therefore be individually adapted to the individual student's circumstances. In the workshop you will gain an understanding of the method and your personal practice program.
5 day yoga practice
Monday 11 to Friday 15, March
betweem 7.30–9.00 or betweem 16.30-18.00
The 5 day challenge of daily independent but supervised yoga practice in the Mysore classes, with individualized one-on-one instruction at a pace that suits you.
Your practice time will initially be around 35-45 min. And you start at an agreed time during class hours (7.30–9.00 or 16.30–18.00), we arrange your meeting time on Saturday.
Conclusion and evaluation
Friday 15, March
We meet and share our experiences. Further knowledge and insight about Ashtanga yoga will be shared and we will talk about different options to continue your practice in the studio or on your own.
Signup and price
Start date: Saturday March 9.
Astanga Yoga Studio